Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oct 14, 2013 Update...

Goede dag!
 
The work has been going absolutely fantastic! The man I told you about who says he knows he needs to be baptized is Dirk Rosseeuw. His wife has been a member for two years. We had two lessons with him last week. Week committed him to be baptized on 7 December and he accepted! We will be teaching him twice a week until then! It's so wonderful! So yes, I am most certainly doing great, and am indeed LOVING my mission! It's cooling down here too. Actually, it's really cold. I mean... it's REALLY cold. And it rains. A lot. When we stayed at the Zone Leaders' apartment this past weekend it was super cold. They haven't figured out how to work their heater yet. I slept in my thermal garments, my pajama pants, and a long-sleeved shirt, and I was still really cold! It's great though, I love it! I do always travel to the church to email, because it's the only place where we can you free computers. For going to church, we get a ride from the Zone Leaders because we always stay the night at their place on Saturdays. Living on my own is going well. It's pretty easy actually with mission circumstances. Most things are taken care of for us. We just have to buy and cook our own food. And we usually have dinner appointments, so we don't even cook that much. As for pictures, you can send me anything! It doesn't matter. This week is transfers! I will be getting a new companion. Elder Gomez will become a Zone Leader here in Antwerpen. My new companion will be Elder Wayman, I haven't met him yet. The transfers happen this Wednesday. Elder Wayman will be ending his mission with me, so I'll be getting another new companion next transfer as well. I'll let you know more about him next week. As for now, my time is up. I love you all!
 
Fijne week verder!
Elder Fowkes

No comments:

Post a Comment