Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sliedrecht Area

Familie,
 
First to answer questions. Last trasfer was amazing! It was probably the best transfer I´ve had yet! We were able to get the work moving in Antwerpen and it was super cool to see it progress! I also loved all of the support from everyone. I did bring all of my stuff with me. And yes, we do our emailing at the church.
 
Well, it´s been a really interesting week! Last Tuesday was my last full day in Antwerpen. It was a good day to end on. We had an appointment with a new investigator, Frederick, and we set a baptismal date with him! He´s going to get baptized on 16 FebruaryOn Wednesday, we met at Antwerpen Centraal at 10. I had to take a train to Rotterdam where I first met my new companion, Elder Goff. From there we took a train to Dordrecht and then from there we took another train to Sliedrecht. Yeah, we ride trains a lot, haha. The apartment we have is super nice! It´s a new apartment so it´s in pretty good condition. It´s a little bigger than my last apartment. My favorite part is the kitchen. The only bad thing about the apartment is that since it´s new, all of the walls are bare and there´s not much character to it. It´s just kind of dull. But still nice, haha. We attend the Dordrecht ward, but it´s pretty small, almost a branch. So far, from what I´ve seen I really like the area! It´s much smaller than Antwerpen, and the people speak Dutch, but it´s kind of a classic traditional city. We´ve mostly just spent that past few days trying to learn the area. Nothing too exciting really. The ward seems pretty cool, and we actually have a few dinner appointments for this week. Actually, for the appointment tonight, we have to take a waterbus to get there. Anyways, there´s not much else to say. I´m sending home a package today. There will be an SD card in it with a ton of pictures.
 
Tot ziens!
Elder Fowkes
Elder Bean and myself looking a little "007" in our European suits
(just fruit juice in glass)

A more fitted European suit
(I like Euro fashion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment